Click here for photos from our 3-school workshop at the NLHS Multi-Magnet Campus on December 17, 2021.
Monday, December 20, 2021
Photo of 2021-2022 Group
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Regional Workshop December 17, 2021
More Than Words
December 17, 2021
New London High School STEM Lecture Hall
7:45 Groton STA bus picks up Fitch High students
8:00 Groton STA bus picks up Ledyard High students
8:30 Arrive at New London High STEM Program Lecture Hall
- Movement Games
- Name Games
- Group challenge
9:30 Issues Forum :
- In small groups, identify the three top issues that are facing our schools this fall
- Large group report out of top issues
- Small group – pick one issue that is most important and propose a solution
- Large group report out
10:30 Listening exercise- small group with large group report out:
- Think a person you admire as a great listener; what qualities do they show that makes you think he or she is such a good listener
- Think of a person who you suspect does not listen well, what qualities or actions do they show that makes you think they are not listening?
- Report out as small group to the large group
11:00 Leadership Skills:
- Think of an effective leader, what qualities does he or she possess? What qualities do you think you need to improve or learn to be an effective student leader?
- Small group talk --> report to full group
12:00 Group challenge
- Toothpicks and marshmallows
- What Mike Graner noticed as groups
12:10 – Fish Bowl
- Cell phone usage in school – personal privacy vs school security
- Oxford Michigan school shooting – student responsibility?
- How can a group like More Than Words make a diffierence?
1:15 Bus departs New London High
1:45 Drop off Ledyard High students
2:15 Drop off Ledyard Fitch students
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
First Post-Covid All-School In-Person Workshop!
After a year and a half we are back to live meetings. Our first workshop this year is a trust-building workshop at Camp Hazen.
October 22, 2021
Camp Hazen, Chester CT
7:45 - Groton STA picks up Fitch students
8:00 - Groton STA picks up Ledyard students
8:15 - Groton STA picks up New London students
9:00 - Arrive at Camp Hazen and begin trust-building activities
10:00 - Program Intro and Intro of Superintendents
10:30 - More trust-building activities
11:30 - Lunch
12:00 - Program orientation/goals for the year
12:45 - Depart
1:30 - Drop off at NL
1:45 - Drop off at Ledyard
2:00 - Drop off at Fitch