More Than Words
December 21, 2017
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Community Center
7:45 Groton STA bus picks up New London High Students
8:00 Groton STA bus picks up Fitch High Students
8:15 Groton STA bus picks up Ledyard High students
8:30 Students arrive at MPTN Community Center
• Movement games
• Name games
• Ships that sink in the night
• Group Challenge (ensure equal number of students from each school are in one of seven groups)
9:30 Student facilitation training:
– key goal of group.
– Newsprint with sticky back to post
– What are the characteristics of a good facilitator?
10:00 Home group work: Student facilitator leads the group
• Do you think society is handling the sexual harassment issues properly
• What did the recent election in Alabama show about our country?
• Is the ban on transgender service personnel in the best interest of our national security?
10:45 Home group reports
12:00 Home group discussion:
– How to handle volatile discussion that ensure frank dialogue and civility
1:00 Home group reports
1:15 Bus Departs
1:00 Bus Departs the MPTN Community Center
1:15- Drop off Ledyard High students and staff
1:30 - Drop off Fitch High School students and staff
1:45 Drop off New London High School students and staff